5 Reasons why a women’s walking holiday could be perfect for you!
Updated: Sep 1, 2019
"Claire Kelly runs 'Her on a Hill' a specialist walking holiday for women and is running a 4-night Pembrokeshire ladies walking holiday hosted at Top of the Woods in June the 1st - 5th 2020.
Do you love walking in the great outdoors and exploring new places, but don’t have a lot of spare time to plan your next holiday adventure? Do you want to discover new places off the beaten track and can’t find anyone to go with at the same time as you want to go away?
Why not join Her on a Hill for your next walking adventure! We have lots to offer including a fantastic Pembrokeshire 4-night glamping and walking holiday at Top of the Woods, 1st - 5th June 2020
Stay at the multi- award winning nature-led glamping site, located at the edge of large woodland in the Teifi Valley with amazing views of the Pembrokeshire National Park, run by Soo & Jon.
This holiday has world class walking that takes in the awe-inspiring Pembrokeshire coast, mythical woodlands, wild moorlands and Welsh rolling hills – you name it, Pembrokeshire has got it - It even has its only largest resident dolphin pod in Europe & it's not unusual to see them off the Pembrokeshire coastal path when you are walking so bring your binoculars!
Interested? Then let me give you 5 reasons why you would love a women's walking holiday with Her on a Hill.
1. A supportive environment – There is an unrivalled sense of community and companionship when women come together to walk. With 10 years’ experience of women’s walking holidays, we have met many women who are nervous about coming on a group women’s holiday at first and many more who come back time and again and once they’ve taken that very first step for many there is no going back. You won’t regret it!
2. Meet like-minded women and have fun! – The joy of an activity-based holiday is that you have an interest in common from the start so no awkward moments just a shared love of the outdoors. Many women stay in touch and form their own local groups after a walking holiday so there is a wealth of opportunity to get outside even more! You will meet a mix of women from all walks of life from headteachers, wildlife photographers, nurses but we can guarantee there is will be a lot of laughter and fun times to be had on our women’s walking holiday
3. Something for everyone – You don’t need to be super fit to join a Her on a Hill women’s walking holiday . We offer different levels of walking and often combine this with a creative activity too. From bird watching to sketching, creative writing to navigation, we hope you will find something of interest. It’s fun to try something new – especially with our super supportive guides.
4. Experience new places in safe hands - Our holidays have been hand-picked and researched personally with women in mind.
We love the outdoors and want to encourage more women to get outside and enjoy the many benefits of a bit of fresh air and a great view. We put a lot of work into choosing places that feel safe and welcoming.
5. No hassle! Once you have chosen your holiday all you need to do is sit back and look forward to your holiday adventure.
The joy of a women’s group holiday is that your guide will have everything organised and will do her best to make it a wonderfully relaxing experience. No stress – just come along and relax in the knowledge that everything has been taken care of.
Her on a Hill is run by Clare Kelly who has 20 years’ experience as a walking guide, the last 10 on women only holidays. She loves walking and teaching navigation and has set up Her on a Hill to provide the opportunity for more women to come together to explore the countryside in a relaxed, fun environment. She will take you off the beaten track and encourage you along the way!
For information or to book our Pembrokeshire Glamping Holiday 1st - 5th June 2020 at Top of the Woods: https://www.heronahill.com/product/pembrokeshire-wales/
For information about Her on a Hill and what other women only walking holiday we offer find out here https://www.heronahill.com/